Before joining Hedrick Kring Bailey PLLC, Kodie spent several years as part of a team representing JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. nationally in mortgage buy-back litigation. Previously, Kodie was part of the team that successfully represented Halliburton in the litigation arising from Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Kodie began his legal career as an associate in the Dallas office of Vinson & Elkins LLP.
Kodie is a member of the State Bar of Texas and is admitted in all federal courts of Texas. Kodie is active in his church as well as serving in the Boy Scouts of America.
- Successfully argued that indemnity claims were distinct from breach of contract claims in mortgage buy-back cases, thereby extending the statute of limitations for these cases and allowing his client recover on millions of dollars of additional claims
- Successfully defended the confidentiality of his client’s prior settlement agreements in contentious litigation
- Successfully argued that a plaintiff was still required to prove causation of damages and obtained a favorable settlement for client after prior counsel had client defaulted for discovery violations
- Successfully defended Halliburton in the BP Oil Spill litigation
- Successfully defended trustee against breach of fiduciary duty claims resulting from disputes regarding a family trust
- Successfully obtained a judgment for fraud against parties involved in a scheme to defraud banks regarding multiple properties
- Successfully defended multiple suits brought regarding the foreclosure of defaulted loans
Kodie received his Juris Doctor in 2008 from Harvard Law School, where he served as an editor of the Journal of Law and Public Policy. He graduated magna cum laude from Brigham Young University in 2005 with a degree in economics.